WAL handling issue. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mitesh51
Subject WAL handling issue.
Date
List pgsql-general
When I set

archive_mode = on        # allows archiving to be done
                # (change requires restart)
archive_command = 'copy "%p" "C:\\archivedir\\%f"'        # command to use to
archive a logfile segment

in postgres...WAL files are created.

But I am not getting at which time they are moved to archive dir.

I read in documentation that they are moved after certain number of files
(6) are created in \PostgreSQL\8.4\data\pg_xlog\

What if I want to move them to archive dir once new file is created & not
want to wait for the creation of 6 WAL files?

Or I am wrong somewhere?