Re: [ADMIN] Partition tables in AWS RDS environment - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Campbell, Lance
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Partition tables in AWS RDS environment
Date
List pgsql-admin

I forgot to mention something in my post.

We do like to load particular schemas/namespaces from production onto our test database each night.  We use pg_dump to do this.  If we went from using partitioned tables to just single tables would we run into a situation where we would be locking the extremely large table in production while we pull down this data?

I cannot just load the entire data base on to our test server.  There are times where we are changing data on our test database relating to new development.

Lance