Re: pg_dump selectively ignores extension configuration tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vibhor Kumar
Subject Re: pg_dump selectively ignores extension configuration tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mar 25, 2013, at 12:01 PM, Vibhor Kumar <vibhor.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2013, at 10:48 AM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>
>> On 03/25/2013 08:12 AM, Vibhor Kumar wrote:
>>> Since, nobody has picked this one.
>>>
>>> If there is no objection,then I can test this patch against 9.1 & 9.2.
>>
>> Here are diffs for 9.1 and 9.2. The previous email was against 9.3 dev.
>
> Thanks Joe!
>
> will test both for 9.1 and 9.2

I did some testing on this patch with 9.1 and 9.2 source code. Testing included following:
1. Configured PostGIS with 9.1 and 9.2
2. verified all switches of pg_dump with regression db.
3. Checked other extensions, to verify if this impacting those.

Everything is working as expected and I haven't found any issue during my test with this patch.

While testing this patch, some thoughts came in my mind and thought to share on this thread.
Is it possible, if we can have two switches for extension in pg_dump:
1. extension dump with user data in extension tables.
2. User data-only dump from extensions.

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
EnterpriseDB Corporation