catalog corruption causes - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Burgholzer, Robert (DEQ)
Subject catalog corruption causes
Date
Re: catalog corruption causes  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Re: catalog corruption causes  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-admin
I am trying to get my head around what causes catalog corruption.  I
have posted before with regard to recovering from corruptions (if that
is what indeed happened to me), and was given much help.

Does anyone know why a database catalog will get corrupted?  As I
mentioned previously, my db involves considerable use of temporary
tables created by php-psql connections.  Other than that, I don't know
of too much that is "odd" about my use (misuse) of the database.

Thanks,
r.b.

Robert W. Burgholzer
Surface Water Modeler