Fwd: pgsql ---> Oracle, etc - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Erik Price
Subject Fwd: pgsql ---> Oracle, etc
Date
List pgsql-novice
I am doing some Java development at work, and have need of a database
for back-end.  I've used MySQL in the past, but many recommendations of
PostgreSQL have prompted me to take a look.  But may I first ask a
question -- is it a relatively straightforward process to dump
PostgreSQL data and then import it into an Oracle database?  The reason
I ask is that it is very possible that after development, the
application may need to be ported to use Oracle (not my decision to
make) and I am concerned about compatibility.

Thank you for any thoughts on this.

Erik

--
Erik Price                                   (zombies roam)

email: erikprice@mac.com
jabber: erikprice@jabber.org