RE: Postgres server 12.2 crash with process exited abnormally andpossibly corrupted shared memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ishan Joshi
Subject RE: Postgres server 12.2 crash with process exited abnormally andpossibly corrupted shared memory
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi,

Adding more, We have started to test individual tables now. We have tried two tables with 24 partitions and this increased the memory utilization from 30% to 50-60%. Then we have added another table with 500 partition and our test got crashed after few hours of consumption with 100% memory utilization.

Last night I had executed test with 200 partition on same table and executed 15 hrs test run and the memory utilization was stable with 80% of memory utilization. With referencing to this result I have executed log test run for 3 days with same 200 partitions.

But again suspect is going to number of partition only.

How can we check the memory utilization by a table object  or a specific query ?

Thanks & Regards,

Ishan Joshi