RE: Replication questions - read-only and temporary read/write slaves - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonathan Ruiz
Subject RE: Replication questions - read-only and temporary read/write slaves
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi happy year, please remove my contact from the list, thank you very much.

Ing. Jonathan Ruiz

De: Stefano <stefanocirelli@gmail.com>
Enviado: viernes, 15 de diciembre de 2017 19:56
Para: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Asunto: Re: Replication questions - read-only and temporary read/write slaves

For n.2, you can promote the standby to became a standalone (r/w) server. This may be done via "pg_ctl -D $PGDATA promote" or, if in the recovery.conf a "triggerfile" definition has been set, touch-ing the triggerfile.
see https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/standby-settings.html
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/app-pg-ctl.html

regards

Thanks Magnus. I did not realize I could use the Hot Standby in read-only mode.

For #2, would it be possible to open the Hot Standby in read/write after breaking the replication and taking a snapshot or can Hot Standby only be open in read/write after a failover? I hoping I can use the same Hot Standby for both #1 and #2.

Thanks again.