Re: Deadlock between concurrent index builds on different tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: Deadlock between concurrent index builds on different tables
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 10:03 PM, Jeremy Finzel <finzelj@gmail.com> wrote:

Many thanks for the great and simple explanation.

I was able to get this compiled, and ran the test before on stock 9.6.6, then on this patched version.  I indeed reproduced it on 9.6.6, but on the patched version, it indeed fixes my issue!

Hi Jeremy,

I don't know if you were following the discussion over on the hackers list, but Alvaro has committed the fix and it should be in the 9.6.7 version when that gets released.

Cheers,

Jeff