psql comment display - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David Raymond
Subject psql comment display
Date
List pgsql-novice
Just a possible suggestion for psql's \d+ display.

I've noticed when you use \d+ without a table name it includes a description field showing the comments on all the
tables/views/etcin the list. And when you specify a specific table you want to look at with \d+ <table_name> you can
seethe comments on each individual field. But there's no display of the overall table comment when you specify a single
table.I'd suggest adding that in there, either up above with the table name, or down below with the
indexes/constraints/etc.

Either way it would be nice to have it there in the \d+ output, rather than having to separately do a separate full
tablelist, or remembering the name and arguments for the obj_description() function. (Or forgetting it's not shown and
assumingthere is no comment)

Again, just a low priority random thought that popped into my head.