Most effective and fast way to load few Tbyte of data from flat files into postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dirk Krautschick
Subject Most effective and fast way to load few Tbyte of data from flat files into postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

what would be the fastest or most effective way to load few (5-10) TB of data from flat files into
a postgresql database, including some 1TB tables and blobs?

There is the copy command but there is no way for native parallelism, right? I have found pg_bulkload
but haven't tested it yet. As far I can see EDB has its EDB*Loader as a commercial option.

Anything else to recommend?

Thanks and best regards

Dirk