initdb dies during IpcSemaphoreCreate under BSD jail - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joel Burton
Subject initdb dies during IpcSemaphoreCreate under BSD jail
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(posted last week to pgsql-general; no responses there, so I'm seeing if
anyone here can contribute. Thanks!)

I'm working on a site hosted in a BSD Jail; they have MySQL installed but,
of course, I'd rather use PostgreSQL.

It installs fine but can't initdb; get the following:

Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local/pgsql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1...
IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(key=1, num=17, 03600) failed:
Function not implemented

Earlier message traffic suggests that SYSV IPC has not been fixed to run
under BSD Jails.

The last time this was raised was ~1 year ago. Has there been any changes
here that anyone knows of? Any hope of getting PG running in our jail? (Or,
alternatively, can PG run on the real machine's processes so that the
different jails can access it?)

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Joel BURTON | joel@joelburton.com | joelburton.com | aim: wjoelburton
Knowledge Management & Technology Consultant