Re: Trailing comma support in SELECT statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: Trailing comma support in SELECT statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Oct 18, 2014, at 7:06 PM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com> wrote:

> Yes.
>
> The only case I can think of where we wouldn't want this is COPY.
>
> BTW, this should also apply to delimiters other than commas; for example, some geometry types use ; as a delimiter
betweenpoints.

I don’t think it should apply to the internals of types, necessarily. JSON, for example, always dies on an trailing
comma,so should probably stay that way. Well, maybe allow it on JSONB input, but not JSON. Though we perhaps don’t want
theirbehaviors to diverge.