R: Please implement simple failover scenario - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Enrico Olivelli - Diennea
Subject R: Please implement simple failover scenario
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Actually we are going to implement the virtual IP address setup but only for the first stages of the porting

it is a more difficult have a virtual IP address setup in a large  system with many servers

it requires many components to be setup and monitored
having simple failover mechanics at JDBC driver level will simplify many aspects of the problem

we could use something like ha-jdbc but  s too much complex for our needs (and its impact on performances for us is not
justified)

Enrico Olivelli
Software Development Manager @Diennea
Tel.: (+39) 0546 066100 - Int. 925
Viale G.Marconi 30/14 - 48018 Faenza (RA)

MagNews - E-mail Marketing Solutions
http://www.magnews.it
Diennea - Digital Marketing Solutions
http://www.diennea.com