Re: Please implement simple failover scenario - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: Please implement simple failover scenario
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Enrico Olivelli - Diennea wrote:
> we are going to switch from Oracle to PostgreSQL and we would like to setup a simple hot-standby/warm-
> standby replication scenario.
>
> Actually your JDBC driver does not have native support for failover to the slave host.

Why don't you implement that on a lower level with virtual IP addresses?

You could configure failover so that a certain IP address always points
to the current master. That way you only have to reestablish the connection
when it fails.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe