Re: Grant question.. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Williams, Travis L, NPONS
Subject Re: Grant question..
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm trying to get around regranting permsissions after a table is
created.. i.e. by default users a b & c have grant all to all new tables
created..

Travis

-----Original Message-----
From: Francisco J Reyes [mailto:fran@natserv.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 11:21 AM
To: Williams, Travis L, NPONS
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Grant question..

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Williams, Travis L, NPONS wrote:

> During the Design and Test Phase of some of my tables's we are droping
tables and recreating them quit often.. I have to continually regrant
privileges to different users.. is there a way to give someone general
permissions that they will have grant all to every DB that is created by
default.. maybe by setting some kind of grant on a template or
something?
> Thanks for the help..

Create groups, add users as needed to appropriate groups.
After you rebuild a table just grant .. to group $$$.

An example from one of my *.sql files:
revoke all on <table> from public;
grant select on <table> to group <group>;