Re: rserv - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: rserv
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 09:07:50PM +0100, Erwan DUROSELLE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a replication system  for postgres,
> Both sites must be able to update the data. synchronisation would
> happen every 5 min or even less.

[. . .]

> - rserv: can't find any doc or site
> => Can anyone help?

We use the commercial version of rserv, from PostgreSQL Inc., in a
fairly high-visibility application with strict, less-than-5-minutes
SLA requirements.  We handle fairly large volumes of data.  You can
see the results by doing a whois for any .info domain, at
whois.afilias.net.

It works well for us.  I have no clue how much it costs -- you'd have
to ask PostgreSQL, Inc.

AFAIK the rserv in contrib/ is broken for 7.3, but I might be wrong.

I haven't tested any of the other systems.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110