Re: Partitioning and Foreign Keys - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: Partitioning and Foreign Keys
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Nov 4, 2007, at 12:57 PM, Volkan YAZICI wrote:

> major bottleneck. I planned to partition this table, but I learnt that
> PostgreSQL doesn't allow referencing views. Does anybody have any
> suggestions?

I can envision writing your own custom trigger instead of using the
stock FK trigger that knows which sub-table to check for the FK
reference.   Then add that as an insert/update trigger on your
referencing table.

I will be investigating this approach in the next few months; right
now I don't have need for this particular case.