Partitioning and Foreign Keys - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Volkan YAZICI
Subject Partitioning and Foreign Keys
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

We have a customers database growing ~1,000 rows per day. (Nearly, %40
of the table is garbage and won't get queried that often in the
future. But we keep them for statistical analysing purposes of
previous jobs.) Despite table allocates relatively small size on the
disk, requirement of instantaneous query execution times forms our
major bottleneck. I planned to partition this table, but I learnt that
PostgreSQL doesn't allow referencing views. Does anybody have any
suggestions?

Regards.