Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From OpenMacNews
Subject Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only?
Date
List pgsql-general
Tope,

> As someone who's been on these lists for several years now, I can honestly
> say they're among the friendliest and most helpful I've found.

i can certainly echo that sentiment.  from what i can tell, Tom in particular
(since he's been 'called out' here) has (most of the time ...) the patience and
good will of a saint ... you can do a LOT worse (e.g. a 17-yr old "CustSvc" rep
@ M$) than having someone like him -- and many others -- here to interact with.

in the end, there's lots of good & bad DB software on all platforms.

imho, its adoption for business purposes ONLY makes sense if there's strong
support for it.

that support -- whehter it be 'run time' or 'development' can come from

(a) your own org
(b) help from others on this list
(c) formal support from the likes of Command Prompt (unabshed free plug, Josh)

when i wear my casual/individual user hat, i depend on this list <flame> when
people actually (bother to) answer my (sometimes misguided) questions ;-)
</flame>

when wearing my business hat, i NEVER deploy a pgsql solution -- or any other
db for that matter -- without some internal ((a)) competence/support .... if
ONLY to have someone to adequately interact with this list (b), and
professionally contracted support (c).

just my $0.02 ...

richard