Re: error codes in log file? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: error codes in log file?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 01:58:52PM -0500, David Parker wrote:

> Is there a postgresql.conf directive (7.4.5) which will result in error
> codes being emitted in the log file? I am thinking of the error codes
> in:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/errcodes-appendix.html.

You could set log_error_verbosity to 'verbose', either cluster-wide in
postgresql.conf, for a particular database with ALTER DATABASE, for a
particular user with ALTER USER, or just for a particular session with
SET.  Verbose logging might show more than you want, but it'll show the
error codes.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/