Re: Problem with Postgresql 9.0 streaming replication on Solaris 10 (x86) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Problem with Postgresql 9.0 streaming replication on Solaris 10 (x86)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 10:31 PM, dan.m.harris
<daniel.harris@metaswitch.com> wrote:
> LOG: entering standby mode
> WARNING: WAL was generated with wal_level=minimal, data may be missing
> HINT: This happens if you temporarily set wal_level=minimal without taking a
> new base backup.

Did you set wal_level to archive or hot_standby on the master?
If not, you have to do that and restart the master. Then you
need to take a new base backup from the master and restart the
standby from that base backup.

> FATAL: could not connect to the primary server: invalid connection option
> "replication"
> (etc)
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what the problem may be? I suspect I may be
> missing a library somewhere - I can't believe that streaming replication
> just doesn't work on Solaris 10.

I guess that the version of the libpq library you use is not 9.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center