Re: Bytea error in PostgreSQL 9.0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vick Khera
Subject Re: Bytea error in PostgreSQL 9.0
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 11:22 AM, tuanhoanganh <hatuan05@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your answer. But I don't want to change db config or ALTER
> DATABASE data SET bytea_output='escape';
> I can change my app. So is there document introduce how to work with
> postgresql 9 bytea

Your .Net or whatever library you're using will need to learn how to
interpret the new encoding, and do the necessary work to make the data
represented to you what you expect.

I use perl DBD::Pg interface, and the current released version does
not know how to do it, so I had to write my own layer of code into my
ORM that detects and decodes the new bytea format before passing it
back to my app.  The postgres manual has many details that will help
you do something like this.