Re: Porting from MS Access 2007 to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Broersma
Subject Re: Porting from MS Access 2007 to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Arnaud Lesauvage
<arnaud.listes@codata.eu> wrote:
> I can't really give you any advice about this, but we kept using Access as
> our Frontend and everything runs fine.
> You'll just have to make sure that you have read about the 'boolean <->
> integer' problem. This article is a nice start I think :
> http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/archives/24-Using-MS-Access-with-PostgreSQL.html

I've played with mapping access [yes/no] datatype to postgresql
BOOLEANs for a while.  And after all of that *fun*, I've since started
mapping postgresql's INTEGER to access's [yes/no] datatype.

Life is so much better now because.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.