Re: Fwd: psql include file using relative path - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gurjeet Singh
Subject Re: Fwd: psql include file using relative path
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Good question, I hadn't thought of that either, and thinking about it a bit I think we'd want to keep the current behaviour of \i and provide new behaviour using a new command.

Say when we are processing a pretty nested file after multiple \ir commands, a \i <relative path file> in any of those files should look for that file in psql's CWD/PWD. That is what the user expects from \i command currently and I don't think it'd be desirable to break that assumption.

Regards,