Re: How to Insert and retrieve multilingual (Hindi "an Indian language") into PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: How to Insert and retrieve multilingual (Hindi "an Indian language") into PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On 22 June 2010 11:48, venkat <ven.tammineni@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>   I want to insert and retrieve multilingual (Hindi) into
> database.is PostgreSQL supports that ?if it is ... please guide me how to
> enable multilingual in the table.
>
>     I am waiting for your great response.
> Thanks and Regards,
> Venkat

Do you just mean storing Devanagari text or storing multiple languages
alongside one another?  If the former, I think you'll just need to set
the database encoding to UTF8.

If it's the latter, this may be useful to you:

http://rwec.co.uk/blog/2009/11/atomic-translations-part-1/
http://rwec.co.uk/blog/2009/12/atomic-translations-part-2/

Regards

Thom