Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix various possible problems with synchronous replication. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix various possible problems with synchronous replication.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> errmsg("canceling the wait for replication and terminating connection
> due to administrator command")
> errmsg("canceling wait for synchronous replication due to user request")
>
> Should that first one then also say "synchronous replication"?

I could go either way.  Clearly if it's asynchronous replication, we
wouldn't be waiting.  But you're certainly right that we should be
consistent.

> errdetail("The transaction has already been committed locally but
> might have not been replicated to the standby.")));
> errdetail("The transaction has committed locally, but may not have
> replicated to the standby.")));
>
> Could we have these saying precisely the same thing?

Yeah.  Which is better?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company