Re: [GENERAL] Different encoding for string values and identifier strings? Or (select 'tést' as tést) returns different values for string and identifier... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Different encoding for string values and identifier strings? Or (select 'tést' as tést) returns different values for string and identifier...
Date
In response to Re: Different encoding for string values and identifier strings? Or (select 'tést' as tést) returns different values for string andidentifier...  (Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net>)
Responses Re: Re: [GENERAL] Different encoding for string values and identifier strings? Or (select 'tést' as tést) returns different values for string andidentifier...  (Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net>)
List pgsql-general
This is the query our user sent as one of the problems:

select "zurück" as zurück3_103_ from "Tabelle" tabellenhib0_

And here is the link to our bug report:

http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1010988&group_id=1000140&atid=590

I didn't test putting double quotes in the column name identifier as
the bug report isn't using it.

What happens if you remove the double quotes in the column name identifier?

Thanks in advance.