Re: Different encoding for string values and identifier strings? Or (select 'tést' as tést) returns different values for string andidentifier... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Different encoding for string values and identifier strings? Or (select 'tést' as tést) returns different values for string andidentifier...
Date
In response to Different encoding for string values and identifier strings? Or (select 'tést' as tést) returns different values for string and identifier...  ("Francisco Figueiredo Jr." <francisco@npgsql.org>)
Responses Re: [GENERAL] Different encoding for string values and identifier strings? Or (select 'tést' as tést) returns different values for string and identifier...  ("Francisco Figueiredo Jr." <francisco@npgsql.org>)
List pgsql-general
Francisco Figueiredo Jr. <francisco@npgsql.org> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I received a bug report about problems with identifiers.
>
> If I do the following select:
>
> select 1 as tést
>
> The column name returned contains strange chars.
>
> If I do:
>
> select 'tést' as tést
>
> the select value returned is ok but the column name is not. :(
>
> Is there any configuration I need to change to specify the encoding of
> the identifiers?

test=# select 'tést' as "tést";
 tést
------