Re: Need someone to design and "about 9.0" flyer - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Need someone to design and "about 9.0" flyer
Date
Re: Need someone to design and "about 9.0" flyer  ("damien@dalibo.info" <damien@dalibo.info>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 02:07, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> Here's a new version :
>>
>> http://nawak.taadeem.net/flyer_pg90.azur.draft2.pdf
>
> This is looking pretty darned good.  I'd like to improve some of the
> text formatting, though.

Agreed.

Once notice though - flyers generated like that can't be used
commercially in any way (NC on the CC license). Does that mean they
can't be handed out at a commercial conference? By vendors? To
commercial customers?

> Also, what do people think of the slogan "PostgreSQL's Great Leap
> Forwards"?  It's been used a couple of times, but I'm concerned about
> offending Chinese and Chinese-American members of our community.  How

Wow, I don't even understand why it would be offensive. But I don't
doubt you when you say so. (feel free to explain off-list, but it's
very much off-topic on list, I think)

> about, instead:
>
> PostgreSQL 9: Replication Made Easy (from the t-shirt)
>
> PostgreSQL Reloaded
>
> On Cloud 9 With PostgreSQL 9
>
> PostgreSQL Formula No. 9

FWIW, I don't like any of those :(