Re: Difference between EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT ... total runtime and SELECT ... runtime - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Piotr Gasidło
Subject Re: Difference between EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT ... total runtime and SELECT ... runtime
Date
List pgsql-general
W dniu 22 lipca 2010 21:34 użytkownik Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com> napisał:
> maybe the query waits on a lock or maybe the returned rows are very big.

So shouldn't EXPLAIN ANALYZE be also affected by waiting for lock?

The row has width = 313, so it's not big.

I've reduced it to witdh = 12 (only one column, int4 type), and get
EXPLAIN ANALYZE:

Total runtime: 14.788 ms

And only SELECT returns:

Time: 456,528 ms

Or maybe "Total runtime" it's not what I thought it is, and I should
look at psql \timing result, which form EXPLAIN ANALYZE is nearly the
same like for SELECT:

Time: 402,675 ms

--
Piotr Gasidło