Re: Clarification of the "simple" dictionary - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Gage
Subject Re: Clarification of the "simple" dictionary
Date
List pgsql-general
> By default it has no Init options, so it doesn't check for stopwords.

In the first place, this functionality is a rip-snorting home run on
Postgres.  I congratulate Oleg who I believe is one of the authors.

In the second, I too had not read (carefully) the documentation and am
very happy to find that I can eliminate stop words with 'simple'.
That will be a tremendous convenience going forward.

It turns out that using 'english' and getting stemmed lexemes is
extremely convenient too, but this functionality in 'simple' is
excellent.

Thanks,

John