Send a command to postgres and close the program - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Thiago Godoi
Subject Send a command to postgres and close the program
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hello guys,

I'm doing a program that will send a command to the database but the execution of this command spends a lot of time and client probably will close the java program .

The problem is that I need the command continue running after the client close the program.

I'm thinking about send the query to the postgres and close the connection .Is possible do it without stop the command ? How can I do it?

Another ideas?

Thanks

--
Thiago Godoi