Re: Send a command to postgres and close the program - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Fabien Jalabert
Subject Re: Send a command to postgres and close the program
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
There is nothing that allows it on JDBC in my mind. Perhaps something on
PG that could launch background task ?

There are perhaps two workarounds :
- on linux/unix, detach the process from console or launch process that
the user should not own (because I believe user when disconnects close
its process)
- your command  push a command in a queue in a table and a trigger pop
this instruction...or using cron  features perhaps ...