Re: Shutting down server from a backend process, e.g. walrceiver - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From fazool mein
Subject Re: Shutting down server from a backend process, e.g. walrceiver
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks for the tips.

In our case, SIGINT makes more sense. I'll use that.

Regards

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 2:50 AM, fazool mein <fazoolmein@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I'll be modifying the code. In the walreceiver, I used the following to
> send a shutdown to the postmaster:
>
> kill(getppid(), SIGTERM);

You can use the global variable "PostmasterPid" instead of getppid.
There are three types of shutdown. SIGTERM triggers smart shutdown.
Smart shutdown is suitable for your case? If not, you might need to
send SIGINT or SIGQUIT instead.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao