Re: Why facebook used mysql ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sandeep Srinivasa
Subject Re: Why facebook used mysql ?
Date
Re: Why facebook used mysql ?  (Robert Treat <rob@xzilla.net>)
List pgsql-general

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:46 PM, David Boreham <david_list@boreham.org> wrote:

Hmm...typically multi-core scaling issues are in the area of memory contention and cache coherence (and therefore are for the most part not dependent on the OS and its scheduler).

If it is independent of the OS, then how does one go about tuning it.

Consider this - I get a 12 core server on which I want multiple webserver instances + DB. Can one create CPU pools (say core 1,2,3 for webservers, 4,5,6,7 for DB, etc.) ?

I know about taskset, but should one be using it ?