Re: [pgAdmin III] #209: "Connect to Server" dialog buggy - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Ashesh Vashi
Subject Re: [pgAdmin III] #209: "Connect to Server" dialog buggy
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

PFA the updated patch.
[Please check my inline answers.]

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> Please find the patch for the same.

Thanks. This looks good to me following some quick testing, but I
uncovered some other issues - could you look at them please?

- We seem to stop populating the server combo box as soon as we find
the one we're currently connected to. This happens at ~ line 286 in
dlgSelectConnection.cpp, where we set foundServer = true. I can't see
why we do this, but it seems fairly deliberate. Any guesses? Should we
just remove that?
My mistake - I introduced that variable in the previous patch.

- It seems like we ignore sslmode when we create new connections. We
need to honour the server config.
Done.

Note that I haven't tested to ensure this doesn't break anything in
command line startup mode (eg. with -q). Can you please ensure this
mode is unaffected?
Tested.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise Postgres Company

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company