Re: .gitignore files, take two - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: .gitignore files, take two
Date
Re: .gitignore files, take two  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 21:32, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 20:59, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Just paranoia, I guess.  I can't actually see a reason why we'd have
>>> any committable files in the tree matching that pattern.  OTOH, we
>>> probably also need the same type of pattern for .sl and .dylib,
>>> so at some point a more conservative pattern would be wise.
>
>> Do we know what the exact pattern would be for .sl and .dylib? Are
>> they following the same basic pattern of .sl.<major>.<minor>?
>
> Yes, they'll be just the same --- Makefile.shlib treats all those
> extensions alike.

Hmm. Hold on.

My gitignore manpage doesn't say anything about supporting regular
expressions at all. And actually adding the line proposed by Peter
doesn't work.

What works is adding all of:
*.so
*.so.[0-9]
*.so.[0-9].[0-9]

That will break if there's a two-digit number, i guess. Do we want to
go with that anyway?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/