Re: back branches vs. VS 2008 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: back branches vs. VS 2008
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 18:15, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> The following patch allows me to build the 8.3 and 8.4 branches using Visual
> Studio 2008, once the build system is patched. But I don't really know why.
> HEAD and 9.0 build fine without it. But those branches branches fail with a
> complaint about IPPROTO_IPV6 being undefined.
>
> The patch seems harmless enough. But I'd like to know why it's happening.
> Does anyone have a clue?

Umm. Since when do we backpatch new features/platforms?

I don't know exactly why that is happening, but it's a good indicator
that backpatching it isn't necessarily safe - what else can be missed?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/