To Signal The postmaster - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From aaliya zarrin
Subject To Signal The postmaster
Date
Re: To Signal The postmaster  (Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I want to signal the postmaster (User defined signal) once I created the trigger file (for switch over).
I want to reduce my switch over time further by signaling the postmaster once the trigger file is created.

Is this provision already there in the code?
There ate already SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 are handled in the postmaster? is it for the same?

If I handle my own signal using SIGUSR1/SIGUSR2 is it possible without affecting the other functionality of existing code?

--
Thanks & Regards,

Aaliya Zarrin
(+91)-9160665888