Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 02:01, Dennis Gearon <gearond@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> One thing that makes me agree with this is the antiquated format of the digest
> emails.

I agree - I thought nobody used that anymore :-)

> I hate google mail, but I love the google groups application. If postgres had a
> combination online forum/google groups thing (if there is such a thing),
> communication would be much improved.

Personally, I hate the google groups format. But that's beside the
point here - I do realize that others prefer it.

I do think that the PostgreSQL lists are available there. And other
than that, they are on markmail.org, Nabble, etc. AFAIK several of
those allow both reading and posting. Is there actually something
about these interfaces that people find *missing*, or can we easily
solve this whole thing by more clearly telling people that these
options exist?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/