Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 21:06 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> I do think that the PostgreSQL lists are available there. And other
> than that, they are on markmail.org, Nabble, etc. AFAIK several of
> those allow both reading and posting. Is there actually something
> about these interfaces that people find *missing*, or can we easily
> solve this whole thing by more clearly telling people that these
> options exist?

Mainly I think it is the user interface and the fact that they are
external. They don't look, act or feel like forums. Shrug. Further they
aren't part of postgresql.org so nobody knows the level of real support
they are going to get.

JD

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor