Re: 9.0 streaming replication problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sean Hsien
Subject Re: 9.0 streaming replication problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10 March 2011 14:21, Sean Hsien <sean.hsien@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've setup 2 nodes for streaming replication and it was working
> perfectly. I the tested multiple failovers, switching master/slave,
> and now the streaming replication doesn't work anymore.
>
> I had a look at the log and it seems fine "LOG:  replication
> connection authorized: user=postgres ...". From ps, the sender and
> receiver processes have been started. However there is something
> strange with the sender process, ps says:
>
> postgres: wal sender process postgres xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (48159) startup
>
> And the streaming never starts. What are the possible problems?

In the end the problem was that the 2 servers were out of sync.

I noticed the problem by doing another failover and examing the logs,
it said that the timelines did not match. So did another rsync of
$PGDATA and it was fixed.

Kind Regards,
Sean