Re: Replication logging - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Replication logging
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 16:31, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>>> log_replication_connections seems reasonable.  Not sure about
>>> log_superuser_connections.
>>
>> So basically like this (see attachment).
>
> Yeah.  Although maybe we should take this opportunity to eliminate the
> funky capitalization of Log_connections.

We have that on several other variables as well, I'd rather see that
as a separate thing to change. But is it worth it, wrt it breaking
back-patchability?

Before I go ahead and commit the part that adds
log_replication_connections, anybody else want to object to the idea?
;)

>>> contrib/auth_delay
>>
>> Hmm, ok, so not that then :-)
>
> Doesn't preclude this.

Nope, but also doesn't make it the second reason to do it :-) I don't
personally have the itch to go write it, but if somebody does I can
always volunteer to review it...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/