Re: REVIEW: Extensions support for pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: REVIEW: Extensions support for pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Anssi Kääriäinen's message of lun ene 17 12:41:25 -0300 2011:

> While it is not possible to drop functions in extensions, it is possible
> to rename a function, and also to CREATE OR REPLACE a function in an
> extension. After renaming or CORing a function, it is possible to drop
> the function.

Hmm, this seems a serious problem.  I imagine that what's going on is
that the function cannot be dropped because the extension depends on it;
but after the rename, the dependencies of the function are dropped and
recreated, but the dependency that relates it to the extension is
forgotten.