Problem with replace function in postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From akp geek
Subject Problem with replace function in postgres
Date
Re: Problem with replace function in postgres  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Dear all -

                I am having trouble with replace function inside a function.  If I do the same replace function outside it works fine, Following example clearly explains my problem. Can you please help?

create table str_table
( mystr varchar(1000));
insert into str_table values ( 'This road is INDEFLY CLSD');

insert into str_table values('That is INDEFLY open');

insert into str_table values('That is a CLSD road');

select * from str_table;

create table lookup
( code varchar(100),
  codeword varchar(100));

insert into lookup values(  'INDEFLY','indefinitely');

insert into lookup values(  'CLSD','closed');

select 'This road is INDEFLY CLSD', test_repl('This road is INDEFLY CLSD INDEFLY') replaced_str
from str_table;

RESULT SET "  This road is INDEFLY CLSD;This road is indefinitely closed INDEFLY  "

Regards