Re: very basic SQL question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthieu Huin
Subject Re: very basic SQL question
Date
List pgsql-general
A similar question was discussed here about 3 weeks ago :
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2010-11/msg00110.php

The "UPSERT" facility not being implemented yet, I don't think it is
possible to do much better than what you came up with.

Assuming the column(s) holding the distinctive sequence data are defined
with the UNIQUE constraint, you could adapt the example function given
in the link to the documentation in the previous thread to achieve what
you want.

Hope this helps,

Matthieu