Re: Problem with pg_upgrade? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Problem with pg_upgrade?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Robert Haas wrote:
>> >
>> > A simple GUC or command-line switch isn't much code.
>>
>> I like the idea of a command-line switch.
>
> If you want to do that you should gereralize it as --binary-upgrade in
> case we have other needs for it.

Yeah.  Or we could do a binary_upgrade GUC which has the effect of
forcibly suppressing autovacuum, and maybe other things later.  I
think that's a lot less hazardous than fiddling with the autovacuum
GUC.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company