is syntax columname(tablename) necessary still? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject is syntax columname(tablename) necessary still?
Date
Re: is syntax columname(tablename) necessary still?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello

I am working on Grouping Sets support. The first issue is "cube"
keyword. Contrib module "cube" define a few functions "cube". So if we
want to continue in support this function, then "cube" have to be a
unreserved keyword. But then we have a gram conflict with mentioned
obsolete syntax. I am thinking so after removing add_missing_from this
syntax is useless. Without this feature we can clean a gramatic.

The "cube" issue can be solved without removing this feature too. We
have to check every funcname on equality to "cube" or "rollup" string.
Is this method acceptable?

Regards

Pavel Stehule