Re: More detailed auth info - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: More detailed auth info
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 16:32, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>>> By and large, it's been thought to be a possible security hole to expose
>>> such information, except possibly in the postmaster log.  I'm certainly
>>> *not* in favor of creating a view for it.
>>
>> Well, it would obviously be superuser only.
>
> What if the user's password is in their connection string?

Um, none of the fields I've suggested so far was "connection string".
In fact, that would be Pretty Darn Hard without modifying the client
to actually *send* the connection string. Which id doesn't.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/