More detailed auth info - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject More detailed auth info
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I came across a case this week where I wanted to be able to determine
more detailed auth information on already logged in sessions - not
from the client, but from the server. In this specific case, I wanted
to examine the "is ssl" flag on the connection. But I can see other
things being interesting, such as which user is on the other end (when
pg_ident is in use), more detailed SSL information, full kerberos
principal when kerberos in use etc.

I doubt this is common enough to want to stick it in pg_stat_activity
though, but what do people think? And if not there, as a separate view
or just as a function to call (e.g.
pg_get_detailed_authinfo(<backendpid>))

--
 Magnus Hagander